- Add-on Courses
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Special Events
- Student Support
- Research & Development
- Staff Welfare
- Ranga Adhyayana Kendra
Welcome to Bhandarkars' College
BHANDARKARS' ARTS & SCIENCE COLLEGE, Kundapura is a first grade college of Arts, Science and Commerce. This College came into existence mainly as a result of the munificent donation of Rs.2,00,000 by Dr.A.S. Bhandarkar who was then practicing as a doctor at Bahrain, Persian Gulf. Many leading citizens of Kundapura and Rotary Club of Kundapura strove hard for the opening of this college which was a long felt need of the taluk. With the co-operation of the public of Kundapura (managed by BASC Trust),Academy of General Education, Manipal took up the responsibility of rearing this institution. The College is re-accredited 'A' by NAAC in the year 2011.
The College, sponsored by the Academy of General Education, Manipal started functioning from June, 1963 and today is one of the progressive institutions affiliated to the Mangalore University.
VISION OF THE COLLEGE
The founders of the College envisage the following visionary goals and objectives through the instrument of higher education:
- To meet the growing demand for university education and make it available to the poorest sections of the rural community in and around Kundapura.
- To mould the character of the students of the college and turn them into worthy citizens.
- To inculcate among the students a sense of awareness about their duties and responsibilities.
- To inculcate among the students a sense of commitment to the practice of civic virtues and moral, cultural and human values.
MISSION OF THE COLLEGE
The founders of the College believe in the following mission statement:
- To build the 'state-of-the-art' infrastructure to provide a quality eductaion at an affordable price.
- To augment class room teaching with moral, cultural and spiritual retreats.
- To provide every opportunity to the students and make them actively involve in extra-curricular, sports and games and extension activities by motivating them.